Wanted - RAMSA WS-A200E PA speaker

Looking for either a home or the bin

Wanted - RAMSA WS-A200E PA speaker

Postby Moonraker » 29 Dec 2021, 14:08

Not exactly Shadows I know, but enquiring for a friend. Has anybody got either a single speaker, or even a pair, for sale of the old RAMSA WS-A200E PA enclosures, in good or reasonable condition? - SORTED, SO NO LONGER REQUIRED

Cheers,
Geoff
Last edited by Moonraker on 08 Jan 2022, 11:18, edited 1 time in total.
Moonraker

Re: Wanted - RAMSA WS-A200E PA speaker

Postby dave robinson » 30 Dec 2021, 14:43

Wow these are a blast from the past Geoff, things have really moved on since the speakers were available. I must admit I am curious why anybody would want them as they were never really sought after by the pros, that said, you do see the odd pair crop up in the strangest places. ;)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby Moonraker » 30 Dec 2021, 19:45

Yes Dave you're right they are a blast from the past. In the late eighties, a singer I was working with at the time, mainly at the weekends, was also going out as a solo midweek and wanted some lighter speakers than the HH dual concentrics that we were using. He went to Carlsbros with the intention of getting a pair of EVs and ended up coming out with the Ramsas instead which, to be honest, we thought compared quite favourably with the HHs and were definitely more "manageable". We parted company a few years later and he's been using them, as a solo ever since. Unfortunately, due to their age and not being used much over the last year, one of the speakers has literally "fell to pieces". He stll get's a good sound out of his rig when they're working right and given the small amount of work he's doing these days, he doesn't want to buy a new pair of speakers, so I said I'd enquire if anybody might have a pair or even a single unit that they're not using. It's a long shot but you never know.
Moonraker

Postby dave robinson » 30 Dec 2021, 19:57

There are some on eBay Geoff, I just looked. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby Moonraker » 30 Dec 2021, 23:07

Yeah, I've seen them Dave, I looked on there first but he doesn't really want to travel that far to collect.
Moonraker

Return to Various old postings