Watkins Rapier 33 Reissue, Fiesta Red, New. NOW SOLD

Looking for either a home or the bin

Watkins Rapier 33 Reissue, Fiesta Red, New. NOW SOLD

Postby andyalma » 05 Nov 2021, 17:20

For sale is my Watkins Rapier 33 Reissue in Fiesta Red. The guitar is only just over 1 week old and so is new in every way. This model has been upgraded by guitar guru Alan Entwistle with improvements to pickups, switches etc from the original model and the guitar is of really good quality which sounds and plays great.
The guitar came packed inside 2 cardboard boxes but I have a spare generic hard shell case which I can supply to protect the guitar in transit if required.
This is a brand new model which was released last month. For more details on the spec`s and upgrades it would be easier for you to check it out on the web where Alan gives plenty of detail regarding his redesign.
The street price for this model is around £400. I am looking to sell for £300 inc case plus postage. I would need to check courier prices but I would expect it to be around £15.00
Cheers
Terry
Last edited by andyalma on 05 Dec 2021, 12:18, edited 1 time in total.
andyalma

Re: Watkins Rapier 33 Reissue, Fiesta Red, New.

Postby Stu's Dad » 05 Nov 2021, 22:20

Why are you selling it after a week Terry?

Len
Stu's Dad

Postby dave robinson » 06 Nov 2021, 01:05

Great guitar, I love mine. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby andyalma » 06 Nov 2021, 11:50

[quote="Stu's Dad"]Why are you selling it after a week Terry?

Hi Len, This is a difficult question to respond to. I have used Stratocasters throughout most of my life and decided to try something new based on the great reviews on the Rapier 33 Reissue. Unfortunately my playing style involves me using my little finger wrapped around the volume control most of the time to adjust between lead and rhythm playing and as the volume controls are further away from my plectrum hand on the Rapier I found that I couldn`t do this easily. In the end I decided that it wouldn`t be as easy for me on stage as I would be feeling for the volume control all the time and so I decided to keep with my Strat`s. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the guitar in terms of quality, sounds, playability etc, it`s just me you might say.
I hope that this answers your question sufficiently.
Cheers
Terry
andyalma

Postby Uncle Fiesta » 06 Nov 2021, 19:30

Instead of selling the guitar and losing £100, why not spend half of that on a volume pedal?
Uncle Fiesta

Postby andyalma » 07 Nov 2021, 12:43

Hi, I know volume pedals are very popular with many people but not with me, I like to keep things as simple as possible and control the volume via the guitar. Onstage I already have my Fender Tonemaster dual footswitch, Magicstomp pedal and PA Reverb on/off switch to control and so the last thing I want is a volume pedal as well.
I appreciate your suggestion but a volume pedal is not for me.
Cheers
Terry
andyalma

Return to Various old postings