CORRECTION - Vox Valvetronix Tonelab

Looking for either a home or the bin

CORRECTION - Vox Valvetronix Tonelab

Postby clivea » 06 Apr 2021, 13:31

I am looking for a Vox Valvetronix Tonelab SE (desktop model).

Would anyone happen to have one surplus to requirements?

Clive

I made a mistake. I'm not looking for an SE model, I need the basic desktop model.
Please see the pic I included in my reponse to Dave.
Does anyone have one or know someone who does?
Last edited by clivea on 07 Apr 2021, 19:07, edited 5 times in total.
clivea

Re: Vox Valvetronix Tonelab SE

Postby dave robinson » 06 Apr 2021, 23:52

I don't want to appear contradictive, but the ToneLab SE is massive with two pedals, it isn't a desk top unit. I think you need to check out the models. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby rockinscott » 07 Apr 2021, 03:56

I believe its about 28in, I had mine setup in the spare room under the desk rather than on top I might add.
Mighty Mighty Pleasing Papi's Corn Squeezing, Mercy... White Lightening
rockinscott

Postby dave robinson » 07 Apr 2021, 09:00

rockinscott wrote:I believe its about 28in, I had mine setup in the spare room under the desk rather than on top I might add.

That's about right Scott, my ToneLab SE had the same footprint as a Vox AC30 and it was heavy. It is a large beast.
Only the SE & LE models offer the capability of correct taps for programming The Shadows echoes, I currently have the ToneLab LE with the single pedal. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Re: CORRECTION! - Vox Valvetronix Tonelab

Postby clivea » 07 Apr 2021, 13:08

Thanks Dave, for pointing that out mate. I made a model error - it's not the SE that I'm after, but the basic desktop model.

Pic below.

clivea

Postby dave robinson » 07 Apr 2021, 14:11

Ah that explains it then. The first one they brought out is a nice little desk top one that I enjoyed having a play around with and I found that I could do a lot with it which prompted me to look at what the bigger ones offered. I found LE and SE each had the capabilities to make pretty accurate Shadows echoes so I have had at least one of those programmed with our entire show for the last nine or ten years. I currently have the LE which is the single pedal silver one. I sold my first LE in favour of the Line 6 Helix System but that proved to be a mistake. Although the Helix claims better specs, it let me down badly by freezing up on a major gig, so I did what I always do to things that fail me, I got rid, immediately looking for another Vox ToneLab LE. It may be dated, but it's a great piece of kit. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby clivea » 07 Apr 2021, 15:17

Being 76 yrs young, I stopped gigging about 2 years ago, so I don't need a pedal board.

These days, I only play and record at home, so a desktop job would be ideal.

I'm hoping there's one out there somewhere for sale.

Clive
clivea

Postby rockinscott » 07 Apr 2021, 22:43

dave robinson wrote:
rockinscott wrote:I believe its about 28in, I had mine setup in the spare room under the desk rather than on top I might add.

That's about right Scott, my ToneLab SE had the same footprint as a Vox AC30 and it was heavy. It is a large beast.
Only the SE & LE models offer the capability of correct taps for programming The Shadows echoes, I currently have the ToneLab LE with the single pedal. :)

They are a hunk of a unit, I still have my SE. must be nearly 20 years old but still sounds good. I posted Shadoogie quiet a while ago recorded with it, echoes, amps and cab sim line out to the sound card and it sounded great.

Clive, I did see one for sale the other day on reverb, just had a look now and there is only 1 in France and 1 in Japan at the moment, but they do crop up on there.

Scott
Mighty Mighty Pleasing Papi's Corn Squeezing, Mercy... White Lightening
rockinscott

Re: CORRECTION - Vox Valvetronix Tonelab

Postby clivea » 08 Apr 2021, 09:46

Hi Scott,
Yes mate, I saw the Reverb French one, but thought it was expensive with the hefty postage. What do you think?
There’s a couple for sale in the USA, but I’m unsure about the voltage.

Clive
clivea

Re: CORRECTION - Vox Valvetronix Tonelab

Postby clivea » 09 Apr 2021, 07:52

Was the Tonelab replaced by anything?
clivea

Next

Return to Various old postings