WANTED - EFTP

Looking for either a home or the bin

WANTED - EFTP

Postby veryoldperson » 03 Jan 2022, 18:01

Has anyone got anything with EFTP installed for sale. I am taking up guitar again and have found good guitar and amp but need a decent echo/delay unit, Thanks

Regards,
Jim
veryoldperson

Re: WANTED - EFTP

Postby Teflon » 03 Jan 2022, 22:03

If you can't find any EFTP units, the Blue Nebula does a very good job for not a lot of money. Comes pre-programmed with Shadows patches : http://www.stanleyfx.co.uk/pedals.html
Teflon

Postby veryoldperson » 03 Jan 2022, 23:58

Blue Nebula, out of stock, They can't give any idea when coming back
veryoldperson

Postby boritz » 04 Jan 2022, 04:58

Hello Jim,

Here are a few potential echo units to search for sale on the web (in no particular order or recommendation and certainly not exhaustive):

With Charlie Hall's EFTP patches (only pre-existing licenced units - new licences are not available):
- Yamaha Magicstomp

With Ross Hall's patches (https://www.hallsecho.com):
(Dave Robinson of this forum also wrote some free patch downloads for these https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1dItdmh1s7q3yU36uRkJ17zLo3ywSHm1v):
- Zoom G3
- Zoom G3X
- Zoom G5

With free patches available if not already installed:
- Zoom 508

Depending on your budget there are also more expensive units with built-in patches:
- TVS3
- Hall & Collins
Amateur (rank!) since 1963, MIM Strat (2007) Kinman FV-HMS pickups/K9, Easy-Mute, MagicstompEFTP > Korg AX5G > Audacity
boritz

Postby TimRyland » 04 Jan 2022, 17:10

I can definitely recommend the Zoom G1Four, G3n or G5n depending on your budget. Dave Robinson on this forum made some decent free patches available for them.

I use a G1Four and am more than happy, and at around £70, £85 is you want expression pedal version, it’s a great piece of kit to start with.
TimRyland

Postby John Brown » 05 Jan 2022, 13:34

Jim it’s good to see you are getting back to playing again as I have watched many of your great YouTube posts over the years as well as seeing you play many times at the North Notts Shadows group. I have a Zoom G2.1U which has the expression (volume) pedal and is registered with Charlie Hall and load with the EFTP patches. It has the original box and all the EFTP paperwork, price £80.00 plus postage at cost
Best Regards
John
John Brown

Postby veryoldperson » 05 Jan 2022, 13:54

Thanks guys, I have been offered a Quad GT with EFTP at a very good price, so I am going to have it. Should be ok as I had a GT once before and always got some good sounds with it..

Kind regards,
Jim
veryoldperson

Postby rogera » 05 Jan 2022, 16:25

Hello Jim,

Glad to hear that you're taking up the guitar again.

I couldn't agree more that the Alesis GT is an excellent unit. As far as I know it was the only Alesis unit built specifically for guitar.
rogera

Return to Various old postings