Yamaha Magicstomp

Looking for either a home or the bin

Re: Yamaha Magicstomp

Postby dave robinson » 16 Oct 2021, 12:34

I'd suggest leaving the post in place to help any others who could possibly find themselves in the same situation.
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Re: Yamaha Magicstomp

Postby davec » 17 Oct 2021, 18:13

Hi Terry,

You'll will have realized that the EFTP library of 99 patches is just the normal electric guitar library with Charlie's names and settings overlaid on the first 33 spaces. You can do anything you like with the remaining 66 spaces such as copying Charlie's settings, "improving" them, renaming them, and then overlaying any patch.

This option of totally reprogramming any MagicStomp patch caused Charlie's copyright headache. Anybody can freely enter any numbers they wish into any of the patches (either manually or by downloading an existing library) and copyright is only breached if they use the name EFTP. Given how much time and effort Charlie expended on programming the MagicStomp in the first place, I'm not surprised he washed his hands of it when he realized people were using his work for nothing and expecting him to help them do it.

The MagicStomp is a staggeringly versatile tool: it does so much more than recreate Shadows echoes. I've got four of them and I use them a lot!

There's a lot of recent info about how to repair a MagicStomp on the members-only forum: https://soundandtechnical.proboards.com/

Regards,
DaveC.
davec

Previous

Return to Various old postings