Squier JV for sale

Looking for either a home or the bin

Squier JV for sale

Postby chas » 21 Aug 2021, 12:02

Up for grabs is my 1983 white JV. I bought it around 20 years ago to add a tortoiseshell scratch plate to add to my collection of the various guises of early Strats that Hank used. At the time I had a couple of other JVs (red/maple neck, red/ rosewood neck), and although I used the red/rosewood on stage, I used to take this one as a spare / backup.

I made some mods to it as per my other JVs which apart from the tort. scratchplate (which is a genuine Fender because it's a darker tort than the usual generic replacements - £50 at the time) I changed the headstock logo to Fender, put a push-pull switch (to enable 7 pup combinations) and a .1 PIO capactitor. Other than that it's original. There are marks on the body (though no new ones since I've owned it!), but I guess you could say it adds to the general patina of a near 40yr old guitar. Looking for £900 - pm me if interested.

I'll try to add a photo if I can work out how to do it...

Chas.
chas

Re: Squier JV for sale

Postby Gatwick1946 » 22 Aug 2021, 13:41

Sounds like a lovely guitar Chas, but the wife would go balistic if I attempted to sneek another one past her!
It don't help that I keep drooling over stuff that Facebook/Marketplace insist on sending me! Despite me pointing out all the money I save by not playing golf or going yachting, or going to Premier Div football matches!

Kindest regards,
Christopher
Gatwick1946

Return to Various old postings