MACADAM Special Shadows

The Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity by former members of this community

MACADAM Special Shadows

Postby chronikman-ch » 20 Aug 2010, 12:22

Just found in my collection on a old betamax video cassette the broadcast of Macadam "Special Shadows" transmitted Friday 15.June 1984 on TV France 3. Yesterday I had the change to see them on a friends Beta Videorecorder and the result are not so bad. The next I will attempt them copying to DVD Fomat.
Someone have more informations about the story in South of France's Camarque?
Thanks Heinz
Attachments
Macadam.JPG
(41.35 KiB) Downloaded 9709 times
Last edited by chronikman-ch on 20 Aug 2010, 14:11, edited 1 time in total.
chronikman-ch

Re: MACADAM Special Shadows

Postby AlanMcKillop » 20 Aug 2010, 13:59

The theme was around a radio show which had a talent (I think) contest, in which the winner was allowed to meet their favourite group. My dvd came from an original recording on video tape, it's a nice collectors piece. :thumbup:
AlanMcKillop

Postby chronikman-ch » 20 Aug 2010, 14:38

AlanMcKillop wrote:The theme was around a radio show which had a talent (I think) contest, in which the winner was allowed to meet their favourite group. My dvd came from an original recording on video tape, it's a nice collectors piece. :thumbup:

Thanks Alan
another line i found in the internet:
Juin 1983 : « MACADAM » - Emission de télévision / variétés, réalisée par Roger Lago Avec Herbert Léonard, Julie Piétri, Pascal Danel, Billy Nancionni, Laurent Voulzy, Les Forbans, les ballets Serge Piers, Karim Kacel, Hank Marvin (guitariste des Shadows)
(maybe inspiratited for the Special Shadows Macadam 1984 ?)
chronikman-ch

Postby Didier » 20 Aug 2010, 20:45

This was a 1 hour TV film for the "Macadam" show produced by France 3 Lyon TV, which was aired on the France 3 National TV network on June 15th 1983. The title was "Radio Flamand Rose" (Radio Pink Floyd). This is a story about a local FM radio in the Camargue region of France. The radio launch a contest whose prize is a week end with the winner's preferred artist.
The winner is a girl named Anne-Marie who of course chooses the Shadows, the next friday they arrive...

I have a DVD made from a VHS recording, the techincal video and audio quality are very poor, but it's a very funny document, although it didn't won any prize for the best screenplay !

Didier
Last edited by Didier on 20 Aug 2010, 21:21, edited 4 times in total.
Didier

Postby Didier » 20 Aug 2010, 20:58

AlanMcKillop wrote:My dvd came from an original recording on video tape, it's a nice collectors piece.

I wonder where you got it from ! ;)

Didier
Didier

Postby chronikman-ch » 20 Aug 2010, 21:18

Didier wrote:This was a TV film for the "Macadam" show on France 3 TV network, which was aired on June 15th 1983. The title was "Radio Flamand Rose" (Radio Pink Floyd). This is a story about a local FM radio in the Camargue region of France. The radio launch a contest whose prize is a week end with the winner's preferred artist.
The winner is a girl named Anne-Marie who of course chooses the Shadows, the next friday they arrive...

I also have a DVD made from a VHS recording, the techincal video and audio quality are very poor, but it's a very funny document, although it didn't won any prize for the best screenplay !

Didier

Hi Didier
recording on betamax tape (by myselfe) dated Friday 15.June 1984 21:15 (see attachment cut from the TV Programme)
Heinz
Attachments
84-15-06TV3macadam.JPG
(63.04 KiB) Downloaded 9604 times
Last edited by chronikman-ch on 20 Aug 2010, 21:49, edited 1 time in total.
chronikman-ch

Postby Didier » 20 Aug 2010, 21:29

chronikman-ch wrote:
Didier wrote:This was a TV film for the "Macadam" show on France 3 TV network, which was aired on June 15th 1983. The title was "Radio Flamand Rose" (Radio Pink Floyd). This is a story about a local FM radio in the Camargue region of France. The radio launch a contest whose prize is a week end with the winner's preferred artist.

I also have a DVD made from a VHS recording, the techincal video and audio quality are very poor, but it's a very funny document, although it didn't won any prize for the best screenplay !

Didier

Hi Didier
recording on betamax tape (by myselve) dated Friday 15.June 1984 21:15 (see attachment cut from the TV Programme)
Heinz

Hi Heinz,

I didn't watch it at this time, neither recorded it myself, so may be you are right, it can be 1984 rather than 1983.
The DVD copy I have was supplied to me by a friend who recorded it on VHS.
Betamax is supposed to be better than VHS, so may be your copy is better than mine !

Didier
Didier

Postby chronikman-ch » 21 Aug 2010, 08:07

chronikman-ch wrote:
AlanMcKillop wrote:The theme was around a radio show which had a talent (I think) contest, in which the winner was allowed to meet their favourite group. My dvd came from an original recording on video tape, it's a nice collectors piece. :thumbup:

Thanks Alan
Juin 1983 : « MACADAM » - Emission de télévision / variétés, réalisée par Roger Lago Avec Herbert Léonard, Julie Piétri, Pascal Danel, Billy Nancionni, Laurent Voulzy, Les Forbans, les ballets Serge Piers, Karim Kacel, Hank Marvin (guitariste des Shadows)

- Hank invited on the set of Macadam conducted in June 1983, where he had two songs from his album of the moment ("Invisible Man" and "The Hawk and The Dove"). (Line from Interview with Jean-Pierre Danel for Gitarre & Drums )
http://www.jeanpierredanel.com/presse/itw_shadows.html
Attachments
83-06macadamjpdanel1.jpg
pic from Interview with Jean-Pierre Danel for Gitarre & Drums
83-06macadamjpdanel1.jpg (9.24 KiB) Viewed 11455 times
chronikman-ch

Postby drakula63 » 21 Aug 2010, 10:15

Didier wrote:This was a 1 hour TV film for the "Macadam" show produced by France 3 Lyon TV, which was aired on the France 3 National TV network on June 15th 1983. The title was "Radio Flamand Rose" (Radio Pink Floyd). This is a story about a local FM radio in the Camargue region of France. The radio launch a contest whose prize is a week end with the winner's preferred artist.

I have a DVD made from a VHS recording, the techincal video and audio quality are very poor, but it's a very funny document, although it didn't won any prize for the best screenplay !

Didier

Blimey, I used to know a girl called Annemarie, who was a huge Shadows fan. Wasn't the same one though, as she wasn't born until 1984!!! Sadly, to quote Cliff (or rather Alan Tarney), We don't talk anymore. Oh well... I hope she's happy wherever she is now...

Betamax. A brilliant format. I too recorded a fair bit of Shadows (and sky) stuff on Betamax in the 80s and it still looks as good today as when it was recorded. A shame that VHS won the war, as Beta was so much better - plus the standard cassette was about 15 minutes longer than a VHS one. This was especially handy for recording four part Doctor Who stories, as you could just about squeeze eight eps on one tape! Ah, those were the days...

CD
drakula63

Postby Didier » 21 Aug 2010, 19:59

chronikman-ch wrote:
chronikman-ch wrote:

Thanks Alan

- Hank invited on the set of Macadam conducted in June 1983, where he had two songs from his album of the moment ("Invisible Man" and "The Hawk and The Dove"). (Line from Interview with Jean-Pierre Danel for Gitarre & Drums )
http://www.jeanpierredanel.com/presse/itw_shadows.html

I have almost finished translating into english this Jean-Pierre Danel's interview.
If it's of any interest for members here, I will post it.

Didier
Didier

Next

Return to The Main Board