Another Book.

The Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity by former members of this community

Another Book.

Postby bosunbob » 21 Jul 2020, 08:11

Hello to all.

JET HARRIS - IN SPITE OF EVERYTHING - BOOK BY DAVE NICOLSON

I saw this book listed on eBay at £13.99 + some postage.
The book looks to be an interesting read.
But, have any of us bought and read this book and would like to provide
a quick comment - thumbs up, or thumbs down?

Cheers
Bruce G
bosunbob

Re: Another Book.

Postby drakula63 » 21 Jul 2020, 08:55

I've got it. The story behind the publication of the book is a long and complicated one. I'll leave it to someone with a more reliable memory to tell it.
drakula63

Postby Tigerdaisy » 21 Jul 2020, 09:13

I read it ages ago- can't remember detail, just to say I did find it interesting as Jet talked about the downs in his life after being 'up there'. Reasonably well written as I remember.
Tigerdaisy

Postby iefje » 21 Jul 2020, 09:29

I found it a very good book. A lot of revealing facts, many of them about Jet's alcoholism. It's also mentioned that Jet wasn't always able to attend recording sessions, so his place has been taken by another guitarist on at least four released recordings: "Scarlett O'Hara", "Applejack", "The Tall Texan" (these three by Joe Moretti) and "Theme For A Fallen Idol" (this one by Mick Abrahams). Great to see Jet eventually beating his addiction and making a comeback again. Nice to read all kinds of stories by people who were close to him too.
iefje

Postby Iain Purdon » 21 Jul 2020, 10:36

I have this book. As I recall, it was published without Jet's co-operation in the end.
Iain Purdon
site organiser
Iain Purdon
Site Admin

Return to The Main Board