The Shadows on french TV

The Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity by former members of this community

The Shadows on french TV

Postby Didier » 20 Jul 2020, 09:25

Yesterday evening at the end of the evening TV news on FR2 (one of the main TV channel in France) there was a subject on the sixties, which ended with the Shadows and Apache.
Nowadays it's not often that the Shadows are mentionned in France, despite their huge success here in the early sixties...

Didier
Didier

Re: The Shadows on french TV

Postby iefje » 20 Jul 2020, 11:41

Talking about The Shadows on French TV, I kind of liked the special from early 1984, where a fan asks to spend one day with The Shadows. The Shadows arrive with "Shadows Airlines", are shown around the area and perform several tracks, one of which was a French vocal. I think it was Pascal Danel who sang it, but don't know the title of the track.
iefje

Postby Didier » 21 Jul 2020, 10:00

iefje wrote:Talking about The Shadows on French TV, I kind of liked the special from early 1984, where a fan asks to spend one day with The Shadows. The Shadows arrive with "Shadows Airlines", are shown around the area and perform several tracks, one of which was a French vocal. I think it was Pascal Danel who sang it, but don't know the title of the track.

This was a 1 hour TV film for the Pascal Danel's "Macadam" show produced by France 3 Lyon TV with The Shadows, which was aired on the France 3 National TV network on June 15th 1984. The title was "Radio Flamand Rose" (Radio Pink Floyd). This is a story about a local FM radio in the Camargue region of France. The radio launch a contest whose prize is a week end with the winner's preferred artist.
The winner is a girl named Anne-Marie who of course chooses the Shadows, the next friday they arrive...
I have once met Pascal Danel's son Jean-Pierre who is an excellent guitatist, and asked him if he knew if there was a way to get a good copy of this TV show, but he said he didn't know. I once tried to get in touch with FR3 Lyon, but with no success. I only have a very bad copy from a VHS recording. If I had a good copy I would be ready to make english subtitles.

Didier
Didier

Postby GoldenStreet » 21 Jul 2020, 21:44

Didier,

This thread is from before my time as a member, but could prove a useful reminder from 10 years ago...

http://www.shadowmusic.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3249

Bill
GoldenStreet

Postby iefje » 22 Jul 2020, 07:54

Didier wrote:
iefje wrote:Talking about The Shadows on French TV, I kind of liked the special from early 1984, where a fan asks to spend one day with The Shadows. The Shadows arrive with "Shadows Airlines", are shown around the area and perform several tracks, one of which was a French vocal. I think it was Pascal Danel who sang it, but don't know the title of the track.

This was a 1 hour TV film for the Pascal Danel's "Macadam" show produced by France 3 Lyon TV with The Shadows, which was aired on the France 3 National TV network on June 15th 1984. The title was "Radio Flamand Rose" (Radio Pink Floyd). This is a story about a local FM radio in the Camargue region of France. The radio launch a contest whose prize is a week end with the winner's preferred artist.
The winner is a girl named Anne-Marie who of course chooses the Shadows, the next friday they arrive...
I have once met Pascal Danel's son Jean-Pierre who is an excellent guitatist, and asked him if he knew if there was a way to get a good copy of this TV show, but he said he didn't know. I once tried to get in touch with FR3 Lyon, but with no success. I only have a very bad copy from a VHS recording. If I had a good copy I would be ready to make english subtitles.

Didier

Thank you for the information Didier. Do you know the title of the last track Pascal Danel sings with The Shadows?
iefje

Postby Didier » 22 Jul 2020, 10:07

iefje wrote:Thank you for the information Didier. Do you know the title of the last track Pascal Danel sings with The Shadows?

On my copy, the end credits are cut too early to read the last tunes titles ! according to the french lyrics, the title might be "C'était en 1960" (it was in 1960).
It's unlikely that it's featured on any Pascal Danel's albums.

Didier
Didier

Return to The Main Board