NEW SHADOWS REISSUE ON LP

The Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity by former members of this community

NEW SHADOWS REISSUE ON LP

Postby leosden » 17 Apr 2020, 12:47

Yet another new Shadows release, but a reissue, nothing new unfortunately, due July.
Final Tour on Red vinyl and 2-CD set. Details on our web site,
Juliette
Leo's Den
leosden

Re: NEW SHADOWS REISSUE ON LP

Postby drakula63 » 17 Apr 2020, 12:55

May get that as an early Christmas present!!! :D
drakula63

Postby iefje » 20 Apr 2020, 11:15

Nice to have the double album "The Final Tour" on vinyl, but unfortunately only partially. The other eleven tracks could have been issued on a third LP. I shall be buying the new set though. ;)
iefje

Postby iefje » 13 Jul 2020, 18:00

I have received my copy of the double LP a couple of days ago. I haven't yet listened to it yet. The presentation is alright. Apart from the front cover, it doesn't include photographs of the group in action, like in the booklet of the original 2004 double CD and also omits Malcolm Campbell's liner-notes. However, some very bad mistakes have been made in the composer credits. Both "36-24-36" and "Shadoogie" have been attributed to Hank, Bruce, Jet and Brian! The fourth composer should of course be Tony Meehan. "Don't Make My Baby Blue" is credited to Barry Mann twice, while the other composer is actually Cynthia Weil. "Guitar Tango" is credited to Norman Maine and Georges Lifermann. The latter's surname has been misspelled and should contain one 'n' at the end.
iefje

Return to The Main Board