Brian Locking has died

The Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity by former members of this community

Re: Brian Locking has died

Postby Bojan » 15 Oct 2020, 05:26

Very sad news indeed. He had a relatively brief but very important and successful career in the Shadows and played a huge role in promoting Shadows music until the very end. Condolences to his family. R.I.P. :cry:
Bojan

Postby franz » 25 Oct 2020, 16:11

What a sad loss, which I have only just seen today. Brian was part of the Shadows when I first got into pop music and so for me, he was THE Shadows bassist He was also instrumental in getting me into Shadows club membership when I turned up for my first time 10 years ago. Who should turn up unannounced but Brian, who not only played bass with some of us not so hot members but also took the time to answer some of my questions which he must have been rather fed up with answering many times previously. What a gentleman and such a nice guy. My enduring memory of that day will be of Brian playing Dance On with my brother behind him on the drums. As a rookie, I could hardly believe it. RIP Brian -you deserve it. Nigel
franz

Postby Iain Purdon » 26 Oct 2020, 08:22

franz wrote:What a sad loss, which I have only just seen today. Brian was part of the Shadows when I first got into pop music and so for me, he was THE Shadows bassist He was also instrumental in getting me into Shadows club membership when I turned up for my first time 10 years ago. Who should turn up unannounced but Brian, who not only played bass with some of us not so hot members but also took the time to answer some of my questions which he must have been rather fed up with answering many times previously. What a gentleman and such a nice guy. My enduring memory of that day will be of Brian playing Dance On with my brother behind him on the drums. As a rookie, I could hardly believe it. RIP Brian -you deserve it. Nigel

Fully agreed. I first saw the Shadows with Licorice on bass so, for me too, he was the man. I can also relate to all the other things you’ve said of him. The tributes on this site and others reflect how well liked he was.
Iain Purdon
site organiser
Iain Purdon
Site Admin

Previous

Return to The Main Board