Shadows Rarities

The Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity by former members of this community

Re: Shadows Rarities

Postby Fenderman » 18 Apr 2020, 01:18

Teflon wrote:
Fenderman wrote:I had Rarities on vinyl that i bought from a collector but sold some years later for a price i couldn't turn down.

I still have mine in the attic. Are these worth good money then?

Not selling, just curious :)

Cliff

I'm not sure but I suspect copies will be getting harder to find. It's the only CD I have with the 3 live 1959 tracks along with 'The girl from Ipanema' and 'Leave my woman alone' along with the solo John Rostill tracks. It's also my only digital copy of the 7 tracks (in stereo) from Established 1958. I have it on vinyl on mono.
Fenderman

Postby Fenderman » 18 Apr 2020, 13:51

Does anyone know if the 1969 Hank Marvin album ever appeared on CD in mono (I have it on both vinyl and CD but in stereo) and would like to know if there are any variations in the two versions.
Fenderman

Postby iefje » 18 Apr 2020, 16:02

Fenderman wrote:Does anyone know if the 1969 Hank Marvin album ever appeared on CD in mono (I have it on both vinyl and CD but in stereo) and would like to know if there are any variations in the two versions.

The complete mono issue of the album has never appeared on CD, although "Tokyo Guitar" has appeared in mono on the 1996 UK EMI 3 CD box "The Shadows Collection". I have a copy of the original vinyl mono issue of the album, but there aren't any variations between the mono and stereo mixes of the tracks.
iefje

Previous

Return to The Main Board