Finders Keepers

The Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity by former members of this community

Re: Finders Keepers

Postby iefje » 03 Mar 2022, 12:52

Teflon wrote:
iefje wrote:I know Hank used a 12-string green Burns on "I'm The Lonely One" during a Cliff & The Shadows concert in Luik, Belgium in 1964, on "Don't Talk To Him" during the 25th anniversary concerts in 1984 and also on "Don't Talk To Him" and "On The Beach" during the 50th anniversary concerts in 2009 and 2010. Apart from "Finders Keepers", the green Burns guitars also make an appearance in "Rhythm & Greens", where Hank and Bruce use 6-string guitars.

Didn't Hank use a green double six for "on The Beach" in the film "Wonderful Life" as well? Haven't seen it in ages, so can't be sure.

Cliff

Yes! You're right about that one.
iefje

Postby JimN » 03 Mar 2022, 13:56

iefje wrote:I know Hank used a 12-string green Burns on "I'm The Lonely One" during a Cliff & The Shadows concert in Luik, Belgium in 1964, on "Don't Talk To Him" during the 25th anniversary concerts in 1984 and also on "Don't Talk To Him" and "On The Beach" during the 50th anniversary concerts in 2009 and 2010. Apart from "Finders Keepers", the green Burns guitars also make an appearance in "Rhythm & Greens", where Hank and Bruce use 6-string guitars.

For live performances of I'm The Lonely One (late 1963 in the UK, including TV appearances), Hank used the greenburst Burns 12-string he'd been given. I would hesitate to call it a Double-Six. It appears, in retrospect, to have been a prototype.
JimN

Postby andykombi » 05 Mar 2022, 22:49

There were some burns numbers in the country .im the lonley one
On the last tour with cliff . Wonder why hank didn't use a burns.?
And dont talk to him to
andykombi

Previous

Return to The Main Board