Shadows art print

The Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity by former members of this community

Shadows art print

Postby drakula63 » 01 May 2020, 09:39

Just found this on the art&hue website: https://artandhue.com/shop/the-shadows/

They are not exactly cheap, but not bank-accounting-draining expensive either. You can choose a variety of colours and sizes. Don't often see a pic of Hank with the Double Six. Anyway... here are a couple of variations...
Attachments
The_Shadows_Cyan_Red_opt.jpg
The_Shadows_Cyan_Red_opt.jpg (21.49 KiB) Viewed 7007 times
The_Shadows_Cobalt_Red_opt.jpg
The_Shadows_Cobalt_Red_opt.jpg (21.93 KiB) Viewed 7007 times
drakula63

Re: Shadows art print

Postby drakula63 » 01 May 2020, 09:43

THE SHADOWS

A standalone group in their own right, The Shadows have always been closely associated with Cliff Richard from the early days when they were called The Drifters.

In this pop art print inspired by the film musical “Wonderful Life”, The Shadows line-up features the core members Hank Marvin and Bruce Welch along with Brian Bennett and John Rostill.

The Shadows appeared with Cliff in “The Young Ones”, “Summer Holiday”, and “Wonderful Life”, as well as the earlier film “Expresso Bongo”, and later as puppets, or rather Supermarionation figures, in Gerry Anderson’s “Thunderbirds Are Go” film.

The Shadows wrote the iconic theme music for the British film noir “The Frightened City” starring Herbert Lom, John Gregson, and Sean Connery the year before his first appearance as James Bond. The main theme from the Brit Noir film was a chart hit for The Shadows.
drakula63

Postby GoldenStreet » 01 May 2020, 09:57

drakula63 wrote:THE SHADOWS

The Shadows wrote the iconic theme music for the British film noir “The Frightened City” starring Herbert Lom, John Gregson, and Sean Connery the year before his first appearance as James Bond.

Norrie Paramor!

Bill
GoldenStreet

Postby drakula63 » 01 May 2020, 13:57

GoldenStreet wrote:
drakula63 wrote:THE SHADOWS

The Shadows wrote the iconic theme music for the British film noir “The Frightened City” starring Herbert Lom, John Gregson, and Sean Connery the year before his first appearance as James Bond.

Norrie Paramor!

Bill

Yeah, I know. Maybe they confused it with The Boys.
drakula63

Postby drakula63 » 01 May 2020, 18:34

Just received this email (reply to one I sent them)...

Hello Chris,
Thanks for your message.

Are you part of The ShadowMusic forum? I spotted a link through to my site and GoldenStreet's comment earlier today and edited the text this morning - I'd been researching The Shadows work on films, including The Boys, for the Cliff collection and must have got them mixed up a little.

The Shadows print is available in three sizes & 14 colour options:

All the best,
drakula63

Postby nathanielfigart » 16 Mar 2022, 12:59

I really like the style of the poster, is it still possible to buy it somehow?
nathanielfigart

Postby drakula63 » 21 Mar 2022, 14:22

nathanielfigart wrote:I really like the style of the poster, is it still possible to buy it somehow?

It's still available...

https://artandhue.com/shop/the-shadows/
drakula63

Return to The Main Board