Mozarte Forte on TopPop

The Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity by former members of this community

Mozarte Forte on TopPop

Postby Thing-Me-Jig » 25 Oct 2020, 17:12

Having a quiet afternoon wasting time online, I came across a 'live' clip on youtube of the Shads miming Mozarte Forte on a dutch programme called TopPop from the early 1980s. Does anyone know the name of the bass player? its link is https://youtu.be/gUHLu9ESAas
Thing-Me-Jig

Re: Mozarte Forte on TopPop

Postby JimN » 25 Oct 2020, 17:20

George Ford.

He wasn't on any records, but did several TV miming appearances with The Shadows and played live with them on a European tour in about 1980.
JimN

Postby GoldenStreet » 25 Oct 2020, 18:37

More on George Ford from the forum archive...

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1377

Unfortunately, the links no longer work.

Bill
GoldenStreet

Postby iefje » 26 Oct 2020, 08:29

JimN wrote:George Ford.

He wasn't on any records, but did several TV miming appearances with The Shadows and played live with them on a European tour in about 1980.

That's right. It was the Spring tour of 1980. The last night of that tour was filmed and recorded for the familiar TV special "The Shadows In Concert", which took place on Wednesday April 2nd at the Doelen Theatre in Rotterdam, The Netherlands. The whole 25 minute TV broadcast, as well as clips (if not all) of a raw cut of the entire show can be found on YouTube.
iefje

Return to The Main Board