Brian Locking latest news

The Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity by former members of this community

Brian Locking latest news

Postby Stu's Dad » 05 Oct 2020, 21:29

(Apologies - I have mistakenly deleted the post above this, stating that Brian was in the hospital high dependency unit - Iain for the mods)

I'm praying for him, he's a lovely man.

Len
Stu's Dad

Re: Brian Locking latest news

Postby iefje » 06 Oct 2020, 11:26

Brian truly is a wonderful, loving, caring and generous man and a great musician. He has been (or still is, I don't know for sure) the ambassador of the Dutch International Cliff Richard & The Shadows Fan Meeting and we all couldn't have asked for a better person. I had the chance to meet him quite a few times during various meetings in Berkel-Enschot and got pictures together with Brian and his autographs on his latest solo album. The very first time I saw and met him, was during The Local Heroes concert at Motel Van Der Valk in Eindhoven, on September 27th, 1997, when Brian and also Jet Harris were special guests. I was almost sixteen at the time and filmed the whole concert, which I still have and treasure.
I am shocked to learn that his physical condition has deteriorated. It seemed like it all went well again. I hope the Good Lord will allow him to stay with us all a bit longer.
iefje

Return to The Main Board