BRIAN BENNETT NEW RELEASE CD VOYAGE

The Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity by former members of this community

BRIAN BENNETT NEW RELEASE CD VOYAGE

Postby leosden » 17 Apr 2020, 11:34

New Release:
Pleased to be getting the CD "Voyage" after lots of requests after the vinyl was reissued a couple of years ago by Isle of Jura.
Details on our web site together with other new releases.
Juliette
Leos Den
leosden

Re: BRIAN BENNETT NEW RELEASE CD VOYAGE

Postby drakula63 » 17 Apr 2020, 12:57

Now THAT is weird!

I was playing my Rock Dreams/Voyage CD last night (LAST NIGHT!) and was thinking, 'I wonder if Voyage will ever be released on a single CD on its own?' And voila! :D
drakula63

Postby bor64 » 17 Apr 2020, 13:42

Chris,

Next time when you think of Brian.... include his long awaited book in your thoughts please!!!!
So next day it will be announced ;)

Cheers Rob
bor64

Postby drakula63 » 17 Apr 2020, 13:50

bor64 wrote:Chris,

Next time when you think of Brian.... include his long awaited book in your thoughts please!!!!
So next day it will be announced ;)

Cheers Rob

I shall. :D
drakula63

Postby iefje » 17 Apr 2020, 14:04

The advertisement says the album has been remastered from the original tapes, which should be worthwhile, because the very first CD release on the See For Miles Records label in 1997 "Rock Dreams/Voyage", was dubbed from vinyl, as well as Brian's previous album "Rock Dreams".
iefje

Postby dave robinson » 17 Apr 2020, 15:28

I've had Voyage & Rock Dreams on the same CD for going on 20 years, bought it at one of the Shads events we played at. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby iefje » 18 Apr 2020, 16:07

I bought the "Rock Dreams/Voyage" CD in December 1997, a few days before Christmas. I had already heard the first two tracks "Voyage" and "Solstice" on a Spanish single, but the other four tracks from the "Voyage" album were new to me and it took me a while to get used to these tracks, especially "Pendulum Force" with its dramatic opening and "Air Quake", which is quite a strange track. As well as the "Rock Dreams" album, "Voyage" is one of my favourite Brian Bennett albums.
iefje

Return to The Main Board