remote recording

The Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity by former members of this community

remote recording

Postby des mcneill » 05 Apr 2020, 18:25

Hi guys,
Like all clubs the Northern Ireland Shadows club is suspended. I have invited our members to record some tunes to maintain interest. This will be done via email with each member contributing a different track. Most of our members do not own recording devices so we are loading Audacity and you can record on that quite easily through your computer mic. I have contacted Dave Robinson and he has supplied me with drum tracks complete with separate demo lead tracks which I can send to each member to record his track in turn so I can build the complete tune. We are not after studio quality recordings, just a bit of fun to occupy our time in isolation and keep everyone interested, mind you I'm sure everyone will be very critical!

Des.
des mcneill

Re: remote recording

Postby Stu's Dad » 05 Apr 2020, 22:37

Good luck Des that's a great idea.

Len
Stu's Dad

Postby dave robinson » 06 Apr 2020, 06:51

As I provided the live drum tracks I'm particularly interested to hear how the project develops and I hope that tracks prove useful. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby des mcneill » 06 Apr 2020, 11:06

Thank you Len and Dave for your comments, we will see how it works out. I have already done one project recording on Skype but the sound quality was poor but Audacity is much better.

Des.
des mcneill

Return to The Main Board