No more Strat for Hank?

The Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity by former members of this community

No more Strat for Hank?

Postby abstamaria » 06 Mar 2020, 17:21

It seems Hank no longer plays Shadows. No more Fiesta Red Stratocaster either, it seems.

https://www.google.com.ph/amp/s/guitar. ... ers/%3famp
abstamaria

Re: No more Strat for Hank?

Postby Moderne » 06 Mar 2020, 18:43

Am I missing something? The article (which I read when it first came out seven months ago) says that Hank has decided to sell his sunburst Fender Strat - the one he bought (I think) from Tony Hicks of The Hollies in the early 80s. I can't see where it says he no longer plays Shads or that he's getting rid of his red Strats :( :(
Moderne

Postby Iain Purdon » 06 Mar 2020, 22:23

abstamaria wrote:It seems Hank no longer plays Shadows. No more Fiesta Red Stratocaster either, it seems.

The way I read the article you posted, it seems to me that he is happy with his signature models which have been made to his recipe - and it’s just the old ones he’s no longer using.
Iain Purdon
site organiser
Iain Purdon
Site Admin

Postby bor64 » 07 Mar 2020, 00:21

Andy, it's kinda click-bate title ;)
The Tony Hicks strat was sold for 28.000 GBP and one of the reasons Hank didn't like it ....it had pick up trouble for decades(all ready when he got it from Tony).
Hank didn't want to tempering with it, so it stayed that way....so it's sold years ago.
When I showed Anja the picks and I told her it's for sale....the look she gave me, with just one line ..."You've already a guitar in that colour"....well need I say more? :mrgreen:

Cheers Rob
bor64

Postby abstamaria » 07 Mar 2020, 02:45

Thanks Rob, Iain, Clive. I read too quickly and was perhaps too taken aback by the thought of Hank giving up the red Stratocasters!

Best from Manila,

Andy
abstamaria

Return to The Main Board